RULES FOR SUBMISSION OF ENTRIES
Entry form deadline: Entry forms must be received on or before Fri 6th Feb 2015.
Lace submission deadline: Completed entries, must be at The Kenmare Lace and Design Centre before 4pm on Thur 5th March 2015.
Download International Competition Entry Form
Please e-mail entry forms to:
or by post to:
Kenmare Lace & Design Centre
The Heritage Centre
Completed pieces of lace must be posted to, or dropped off at, the above address.
2. For impartial judging: the completed item should not be labelled with the name of the individual entrant. But be sure to include your name on the package or on a note accompanying it, along with a return address.
3. ENTRY FEE: Adults €20; Young lacemakers (U18 years) – Free
Pay online here
or by cheque addressed to ‘Kenmare Lace Festival’ to the above mentioned postal address
or in cash at the Kenmare Lace & Design Centre.
4. ELIGIBILTY: The competition is open to everyone and anyone, apart from those on the organising committee.
5. JUDGING: Three judges will be appointed by organising committee; their decision will be final. Judges are selected for experience and knowledge of traditional lace techniques, modern lace techniques, innovation and design skills.
6. ENTRY FORMS: One entry per person. As an aid to identification, a photograph, photocopy or scan of the whole or a recognisable portion of the entry MUST be attached with the finished piece. All entrants are recommended to keep a copy of their entry form.
7. DEFINITIONS: Original design: Designed and worked by the entrant, the design not taken directly from a lace pattern or piece of lace. Young Lacemaker: Anyone aged 18 or under on 19th March 2015.
8. RESTRICTIONS: For safety reasons: No item containing glass (apart from beads) can be accepted. Perspex may be used. Framed items intended for hanging must be fitted with method for hanging.
9. PACKAGING: Entries will be unpacked and repacked, by different people, several times during the period of judging, photographing and exhibition. For the safely of those handling entries no unprotected pins should be used. Include clear directions for any item requiring assembly or a special method of display. Please contact The Kenmare Lace and Design Centre before sending any particularly vulnerable item. To enable safe handling and storage, the maximum dimension of the packaging to be 60cm in any direction, with a maximum weight of 2kg. Each item must be individually and securely packed with all packaging clearly labelled with the entrant’s name and address.
10. It is recommended that each entry be accompanied by a fabric (eg. a calico) bag, marked with the entrant’s name and address and be large enough to accommodate all of the packing.
11. INSURANCE: Each item is covered by The Chamber of Commerce insurance while in the care of The Lace Festival Committee, to a sum not exceeding €2,000. Anything over that value is the responsibility of the owner.
12. OVERSEAS ENTRIES: Overseas entries should be sent with the declaration that they are for “Temporary Exhibition only” and that the lace is “being returned by May 2015”. Maximum weight, including packaging for overseas entries is 2 kg.
13. PUBLICITY: The Kenmare Lace Festival reserves the right to use photographs of entries for educational purposes and for publicity in 2017 and in subsequent years, without further permission being sought.
14. EXHIBITION: The Lace Guild will endeavour to show as many entries as possible in the main gallery. Some selection may be necessary to accommodate entries in the space available. The organising committee reserves the right not to display an item, or to display at another venue, at the discretion of the exhibition director.
15. RETURN OF ENTRIES: Items must be collected from The Kenmare Lace and Design Centre by arrangement after the close of the exhibition or will be posted if this is not possible.
16. The festival organisers reserve the right to refuse entry of a piece into the competition.
17. The lace will remain the property of the maker.